I think this is where I’m supposed to tell you all about myself, or why I have this website, or where I plan on taking this whole endeavor.
But that’s kind of the key — I don’t know myself, or why I have this, or what I plan on doing with anything. I can’t even decide what I want for dinner half the time, and I always end up eating rice and beans. I wish I was kidding.
In the interest of keeping this brief, I will boil myself down to a list of easily identifiable features.
- There is a definitive hierarchy in my affections. It goes like this:
- I like to read.
- My favorite book is Frankenstein, followed closely by The Book of Lost Things.
- I’m a big fan of TV.
- And music.
- So, really, any form of entertainment and I’m all about it.
- I’m a vegetarian. No one really cares that I don’t eat meat until it’s time to order a pizza or go to a rib shack.
- Dire Strait’s “Romeo and Juliet” is one of the best songs ever made. I will fight you if you disagree.
- I say “so” more than “like.”
- I also say “I mean” more than anyone ever should.
I’m almost 30. I’m probably 30 by the time anyone reads this.
- I travel. A lot.
- I probably wish I was reading right now. I probably am reading while you’re reading this. And then I’m going to get distracted and go do the dishes.
- I have an unpronounceable illness. I will probably write about it a lot.
- I take a lot of pictures that no one will ever see.
- I post subpar photos to my Instagram on a sometimes-multiple-times-a-day basis.
- My goal in life is to grow up to be like this man.